CORRECTION: Last week I incorrectly stated that the new issue of Batman was the beginning of the crossover with The Flash. That was incorrect information on my part.
So it is the most anticipated day of every comic fan’s week. It’s New DC Day! Have you been to your local comic shop or on the DC app yet? Here is what you’re missing out on:
- Action Comics #974
- Astro City #41
- Batgirl #8
- Batgirl An Adult Coloring Book TPB
- Batman ’66 Meets Wonder Woman ’77 #2
- Batman Beyond #5
- Batman Beyond Volume 3 Wired For Death TPB
- Batman Night Of The Monster Men HC
- Blue Beetle #6
- Clean Room #16
- Cosmic Odyssey The Deluxe Edition HC
- Deathstroke #13
- Detective Comics #951
- Flash #17
- Frostbite #6
- Future Quest #10
- Green Lantern The Silver Age Omnibus Volume 1 HC
- Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #15
- Hellblazer #7
- Injustice Gods Among Us Year Five Volume 1 TPB
- Injustice Gods Among Us Year Five Volume 2 HC
- Justice League Of America #1
- Kamandi Challenge #2
- Scooby-Doo Team-Up #23
- Suicide Squad #12
- Supergirl Being Super #2
- Superman Batman Volume 5 TPB
- Teen Titans #5
- Wonder Woman #17
- Wonder Woman Volume 1 The Lies TPB
Having a hard time choosing what books to pick up? Here are my Flash Five Picks!
- Batman: Night of The Monster Men HC: When Rebirth first started, I swore no writer could do Batman better than Scott Snyder and while Tom King took the book in his own way, Night of The Monster Men has been right up there beside Scott’s run in terms of great storytelling. Sometimes when you read Batman, you tend to get tired of reading about Batman facing off with his greatest foes over and over again so I greatly accepted this new story and will definetly be reading the arc again with this collected edition.
- The Flash #17: I would start reading Batman and The Flash if you’re not already as in the very near future, a crossover between the two books is occurring where both heroes investigate the mysterious button that was found in the Batcave back in the beginning of Rebirth. Here’s your chance to climb on board before it gets interesting!
- Green Lantern: The Silver Age Omnibus HC: I’ll admit it. I’m a sucker for omnibuses. The bigger the better. I’m not the world’s biggest Green Lantern fan but I might pick this one up just to read the character from the beginning. This book I believe has a pretty hefty $99 price tag but the size of this book is worth the price alone!
- Suicide Squad #12: I’m a huge Suicide Squad fan so I recommend picking this book up. I find this run to be top notch and right up there with the New 52 run that was loosely adapted into the Suicide Squad film. I might be the only one but I feel like the world could use some more Harley Quinn so pick this book up!
- Wonder Woman Vol. 1 The Lies TPB: I had never read a single Wonder Woman comic in my life. I watched the ’77 series with Lynda Carter. I watched the animated film from about a decade ago. I watched all the animated series’ and animated films that had the heroin in action. But I never picked up a comic. Not pre-Flashpoint, not New 52. Nothing. When Rebirth started, I vowed to read EVERY book and that included characters that I wasn’t a fan of. When I picked up Wonder Woman Rebirth #1, my life was changed when it came to the character. Now she’s my second favorite female character (behind Dr. Harleen Quinzel). This series is amazing. It has caused a bit of banter between comic fans because the series is basically alternating telling stories but it’s not hard to keep up at all. This collected edition contains the start of the Rebirth title. So if you haven’t read this book, or want to freshen up on the character before the highly anticipated film comes out this summer, here’s your chance!
So there are my picks! Happy reading! And don’t forget, leave some comments and tell us what books are YOU picking up?!